Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
HELP US CHANGE THE WORLD. More than 300 licensed cannabis producer/processors trust Tamerlane to help them increase revenues, reduce time to market, and improve operational efficiencies, by utilising our one-stop brokerage services with the largest trusted network of buyers, suppliers, and service providers in Washington State.
We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for driven, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of creating an economic sustainable industry by delivering innovative brokerage and supply chain management services to the burgeoning cannabis industry. A career with Tamerlane combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation. Tamerlane salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office environment is excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a team of innovative, passionate individuals who are changing the world for the better.
We are seeking a Key Account Manager to join our Inside Sales team located in Seattle, WA.
Our Key Account Managers are:
You are familiar with cannabis across all levels (plants in the ground to finished retail products), and are a successful, passionate sales professional with a proven track record of managing a robust sales pipeline and exceeding your monthly targets. From cold call prospecting to exceptional follow-up and account management, you are also a pro at identifying needs and delivering value add at every opportunity. As a sales person, you love a challenge and enjoy collaborating with teammates to reach our goals. You tend to be more organized than others and have experience using CRM software and inventory systems. Friendly competition motivates you, while you tend to find yourself at the top of sales organizations. You are an enthusiastic self-starter that champions time management and creative problem solving.
The right person for this role will be:
We want a positive, driven and collaborative salesperson to join our team. Our company and sales team are a tight-knit, supportive group who are customer obsessed. Our team focuses on the “we” and how we can all succeed in meeting and exceeding our customers needs. The perfect candidate has cannabis knowledge and experience ranging from seed to retail sale, an in-depth understanding of cannabis extraction processes, and how i502 works. Our ideal candidate has experience in B2B sales, account management, business development from an account by account perspective. Our Key Account Manager takes pride in delivering exceptional customer service, from the first contact through to the order management process.
This position requires someone who is energetic and highly motivated, with strong lead generation abilities and account management know-how becoming an important part of a fun and dynamic inside sales team in a company that is leading sales in the rapidly growing and newly developing cannabis space. Here are some of your day to day responsibilities:
- Drive new business revenue and market share to meet and exceed monthly revenue targets
- Identify target prospects and generate interest through email, social media, cold calling, etc.
- Mining Contact Information and updated account profile information.
- Qualify prospects via the phone, email or webinar meetings
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
- Establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to visit or call on prospective customers and potential business development opportunities
- Work closely with your Sales Manager to develop and execute against a territory plan that leads to the creation and maintenance of a robust sales pipeline
- Take ownership, and manage existing key accounts insuring their regular purchasing needs are met, orders are processed timely and accurately delivering a high level of customer service.
- Plan and develop your own sales funnel using our CRM platform.
- Meet and exceed company metrics and KPI’s – daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Submit customer orders completely, and process orders utilizing internal inventory system.
- Send daily, weekly, and monthly email offers to the key accounts you manage.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Develop and Maintain expert industry knowledge by attending industry events; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; take part in cannabis education days.
- Occasionally participate in evening and/or weekend promotions and assist with special events as needed.
- Possible infrequent travel within your territory.
- You are passionate about sales and have the drive to exceed revenue targets
- You value our mission and company culture
- You have 1-3 years of successful B2B sales experience with an emphasis on acquiring new and developing existing customers accounts. More experience considered an advantage.
- You use a consultative, solution based sales methodology and have documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas
- You love to prospect and are a skilled negotiator and closer
- You displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- You exhibit excellent judgment and possesses relentlessly high standards
- You are a whiz with CRM platforms.
- In-depth Cannabis knowledge is a plus
Compensation package includes base salary, plus commissions and bonus schedule. Base salary will depend on experience.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Less than 90 days
Typical deal size:
- Sales floor
- Trade shows
- Office or call center
- Less than 1 month
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Ops Manager
- Key Leader