Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Tilray.com career opportunities page. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director guides the formulation and execution of global tax strategies, policies, and the development of methodologies to ensure consistency of tax positions within the enterprise while minimizing the corporation’s tax exposures and tax liability.
Analyzes and interprets new/existing tax laws, case law and rulings; oversees the development of impact and the initiation of tax recommendations and policy changes; directs tax compliance activities which minimize potential tax assessments and penalties; directs financial analysis, forecasting, and provision or all relevant tax information and written analytical summaries as required to Investor Relations, the Annual Report, Corporate Finance, Tilray’s Senior Management, and other internal/external reporting. Identifies complex issues and implements strategies to resolve issues.
Role And Responsibilities
- Manage the tax work of all related companies and manage the communications between the tax accountants, the company and the regulatory bodies.
- Maintain a “filings calendar” for Tilray to include all tax and registration filings required.
- Finalize treasury/ cash deployment memo and intercompany transactions memo.
- Coordinate or perform tax reporting, research and planning at all levels, including federal, provincial, local and international jurisdictions.
- Complete annual registrations, Foreign Agent registrations and Resident Treaty registrations.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all tax audits.
- Prepare the required federal, provincial/state and local tax returns for all Tilray entities.
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation
- Research and implement new tax and other related regulations.
- Departmental liaison with Payroll and other Accounting & Finance staff on all technical matters related to tax subjects.
- Provide direction to set up tax jurisdiction information for new payroll locations and advise of any changes to existing locations.
- Participate in special projects as requested by executive management.
- CPA; master’s degree in tax or LLM is preferred.
- 8 years of international corporate tax planning and compliance.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with IRS 965 transition tax, multinational structuring, cross-border planning for transfer pricing, 956 inclusions, inbound and outbound entity planning.
- Advanced Excel and Word skills.
- Expert knowledge of tax regulations, legislation and reporting procedures.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.