Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Tilray.com career opportunities page. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Located in Seattle and reporting to the Talent Director, the Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM) will support Tilray’s hiring strategy to identify and retain employees in this emerging industry in both the USA and Canada.
This includes, but is not limited to, collaborating with hiring managers to identify hiring needs, recruiting management and professional positions, managing the applicant tracking system for vacancies that are currently advertised, pre-screening applicants and scheduling interviews, and tracking the status of candidates throughout the recruitment and onboarding processes.
The successful incumbent will use their recruitment experience to source candidates, identify and attend Career Fairs, identify solutions for candidate attraction, and build and maintain a network of potential passive and active candidates through proactive sourcing and networking.
Role And Responsibilities
- Create an impressive and renowned candidate experience.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers to create a partnership that produces results and builds credibility; ensure the highest service-level standards for both candidates and hiring managers
- Review job description with hiring manager to ensure understanding of the vacancy and learn the best fit for the job
- Create postings and identify best methods to draw attract a strong candidate pool.
- Manage the applicant tracking system to input and track status of advertised vacancies and look for ways to streamline processes
- Screen candidate resumes and identify candidates for interview
- Create interview plans
- Perform in-person and phone interviews with candidates
- Rank candidates to identify successful candidate
- Work with Shared Services to complete references, back ground checks and offer letters.
- Regret unsuccessful candidates and close out job competition in the applicant tracking system.
- Record KPIs i.e. time to fill vacancy.
- Recommend innovative talent attraction strategies to meet the Tilray’s current needs and anticipate future needs
- Build and maintain a network of potential passive and active candidates through proactive sourcing, networking, and participating at Career Fairs
- Report recruitment results and assess data to identify trends and needs
- Identify, prepare and attend job fairs.
- Create relationships with educational institutes for recruiting graduates, co-ops and internships.
- Maintain an active social media presence to promote Tilray and attract candidates.
- Liaison and manage 3rd party recruitment agencies, as required
- Diploma specializing in Human Resources is required. BA degree with a major in Human Resources is preferred
- 5 years of recruitment experience in a fast pace environment
- Natural ability to understand the role and find the best suited candidate. Patient but persistent in getting the “best fit”
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to be resilient and adaptable in a fast-paced environment of change or ambiguity
- Ability to listen, question, analyze and communicate in a clear and simple manner
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities, analyze facts and data, and develop and implement solutions
- Understand the importance of hiring a diverse employee population
- Demonstrates integrity, ethics, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills supporting teamwork and collaboration, and demonstrating good judgment and diplomacy
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications