Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing, and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
High Park Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tilray, was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Join a fast-paced team at the forefront of the rapidly expanding legal cannabis industry. Tilray’s newly formed Retail Team is charged with developing and scaling an industry-defining customer experience for adult-use or recreational cannabis. We are building a team of self-directed subject matter experts with the desire and ability to figure out what needs to be done and then do it.
The Retail Technology Manager will be responsible for leading assessment and implementation of retail technology systems to support and scale with the dynamic retail business. This role will assess and leverage the technology teams, tools and processes of acquired and affiliated retail brands in both the US and Canada.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead the retail technology strategy across portfolio of wholly owned and affiliated brands
- Planning, communicating and implementing retail systems including all front of house and back of house technology, for example: point-of-sale, loyalty, security, inventory management, labor scheduling and intranet.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of retail technology solutions
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of retail technology objectives
- Lead and participate in third-party vendor relationships, SLA’s, and contract negotiations
- Maintain an awareness of cutting edge retail technology trends and insights.
- Develop and manage project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, costs, implementation, support and development
Who You Are
- Passion for creating great customer experiences
- Experience working in or curiosity about cannabis industry
- Entrepreneurial in spirit while also leveraging the assets that come from being a part of a global company
- An influential leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, in conjunction with sound judgment, staff management and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences, effective written and verbal communication skills, with high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Eager to research and create new business relationships independently
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders located in diverse geographical areas/time zones (via phone and web)
- Demonstrated ability to get work done in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- The willingness to balance both office hours and meaningful time in market
- University degree in Information Systems Management, Information Technology, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- Five years experience in retails systems including: labor scheduling, point of sale, inventory management, loyalty and security
- Five years direct work experience as a technology manager or consultant with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Proficiency with VPN, firewall encryption, network forensics, wireless protocols, and other aspects of network security technologies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop technology solutions, services, and policies across multiple sites; experience with expansion into multiple jurisdictions within Canada and internationally
- Seniority levelNot Applicable
- Employment typeFull-time
Categories: cannabis industry, Jobs
Leave a Reply