Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com job posting. Please contact original recruiters with questions or to apply.
Leafly is seeking a motivated attorney to join a growing legal team. This Corporate Counsel position will focus on advising our Leafly business, will be based in our Seattle office, and reports to a senior attorney. Leafly Holdings, Inc. is a privately held cannabis media & technology company with subsidiaries in Canada and Europe. With over 10 million monthly visitors, explosive growth, and one of the most prominent and trusted brands in the industry, Leafly provides an ever-increasing range of services to both consumers and businesses. Candidates must have excellent business judgment and the ability to work both independently, as well as collaboratively, in a collegial, fast-paced team environment. Privateer’s business spans the globe and requires a dynamic and team oriented attorney. In-house generalist attending to a wide variety of legal matters, including but not limited to:
- Advertising, content, marketing and promotions review (online and traditional media)
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements and documents, including technology transactions, software and cloud services agreements, licensing, event and sponsorship agreements, advertising agreements, and professional services agreements
- Email, call center and privacy compliance Contests, sweepstakes and promotions review FTC compliance, including social media Trademark and copyright counseling and licensing
- Review and prepare documentation and internal policies for risk management, privacy, consumer protection and other legal issues
- Working with legal team and business units to identify and manage key risks and opportunities
- JD from an accredited law school, admitted to the bar in any US jurisdiction Minimum 1 year professional experience as an attorney, preferably with a focus in a regulated industry
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional, fast-paced teams
- Must be relationship-oriented with excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and project management skills
- Must possess ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities, follow through and meet deadlines
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be able to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Must possess strong analytical skills, as well as strong research, organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
*Have you experienced the Leafly app? We are actively seeking individuals that understand our product and have a zest for learning more. Download on iOS and Android today and subscribe to our newsletter for updates. NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Leafly is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation. Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies. The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.