Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Seattle Cannabis Co. started with a simple vision; community through cannabis. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, customer experience matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for leading through SCC’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth. The GM leads a team of 1 Assistant Manager and 1 Inventory Manager and is accountable for all aspects of managing a single retail store, inclusive of the processing department. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (sales, service, and expense control), people (talent acquisition, training, and development), and process (standard operating procedures). This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
The GM is a champion of SCC’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned)
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload.
- Build a team that embodies the SCC brand by delivering exceptional service and driving customer loyalty, therefore, increasing return visits.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop direct reports using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
- Model a culture of open communication by sharing enterprise strategy and corporate messaging to associates.
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with SCC’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use the company’s scheduling tool as directed to schedule the right associates, in the right places, at the right times in order to provide an exceptional guest experience, reduce loss, and execute company directives.
- Use the company’s task management tool as directed to prioritize the execution of store workload, ensuring full leadership adoption and compliance with company policy.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-users buy in.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Teamwork Orientation
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional retail environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift at least 25 pounds infrequently.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Flexibility is a must. Working on the weekends will be required. Occasional overtime work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- 4-5 years’ experience in the retail industry customer-eccentric approach
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Strong leadership skills, ability to build and manage teams
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Must have a dependable car or public transportation alternative
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- Retail Cannabis: 2 years (Required)
- Retail Management: 4 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Evening (Required)