Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job posting. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board is hiring an Application Support Specialist in Olympia, $4,146 – $5,441 a month.
Improving public safety for Washington communities.
NOTE: The hiring authority reserves the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time. Applications will be reviewed weekly until a hiring decision is made. First review will be February 12, 2019.
**This recruitment may be used to fill multiple vacancies.**
Who we are
Our mission is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws
A culture of excellence
We pride ourselves on creating the “wow” factor in everything we do. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance. We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment. We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
Your opportunity at a glance
The focus of this position is application support for the agency’s mission-critical COTS/SaaS applications. Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for SaaS/COTS application account maintenance and support of agency SharePoint sites. Responsibilities also include providing technical support to SharePoint users, account management, permissions related to these systems.
Problems may be of an urgent and critical nature, requiring work to be completed beyond scheduled working hours to bring systems back online.Duties
- Responsible for assisting in the administration and maintenance of SharePoint site and sub-sites.
- Manages the permissions, groups and access to SharePoint sites.
- Provide Tier 2 support for users of agency SharePoint sites.
- Serves as point of contact for division SharePoint users.
- Provide guidance to business units on structure of their sites.
- Responsible for account creation and maintenance for Marijuana Seed-to-Sale Traceability, Dynamics GP, DocuSign, Box, and Airlift services
- Assist with administration, maintenance, and support of SaaS and COTS solutions Laserfiche and Drupal.
- Record, track, and document problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leads.
- Create knowledge base articles to assist in problem resolution.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding service connectivity and performance problems.
- Create or modify features in existing solution.
- Working level knowledge of creating and maintaining SharePoint document libraries, lists and collections.
- Working level knowledge of SaaS and COTS (non Microsoft) enterprise-wide multi-tier applications.
- Working level knowledge of Active Directory with specific focus on user and group permissions.
- Awareness of business intelligence application administrator managing the data sources and environments.
- Working level knowledge of information technology system maintenance, troubleshooting, problem resolution, of computer systems applications or databases.
- Applied experience in the design of user interfaces and the design, creation and organization of SharePoint site collections that support the individual business units of the agency.
- Advanced technical knowledge configuring and maintaining SaaS and COTS solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences. Professional and courteous in all interactions, great interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you must include the following, failure to do so WILL result in your application being disqualified:
- A completed on-line application (available at www.careers.wa.gov); and
- A resume and letter of interest (document MUSTbe attached during the on-line application process).
- A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
- The information provided in your application must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Applicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
As a condition of employment, the candidate accepting this position will be required to comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the union.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.