Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com job posting. Please contact Leafly with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better. What We Are Looking For In This Role: We are looking for a savvy, motivated, mid-level to senior paralegal to provide support to our growing legal and compliance team. This position will be based in Seattle, WA and will report to Leafly’s legal team.
In this role, the paralegal will be responsible for digitally filing/storing and managing legal documents, assisting with document preparation, docket management, managing insurance policies and claims, reviewing and tracking legal invoices and expenses, and assisting with other tasks and duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, be team oriented, have great organizational skills, and have the ability to easily switch gears and manage competing priorities. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the company, is essential. Responsibilities:
- Regulatory review and research from state to state for cannabis advertising
- NDA/Contract management
- Review legal invoices and tracking expenses
- Manage and maintain insurance policies
- General corporate governance:
- Manage our entities and state filings
- Administration and oversight of corporate governance functions
- Assist with due diligence in connection with corporate transactions
- Conduct legal research across various practice areas
- Review documents; maintain files; and assist/advise the legal team.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred) & Paralegal certificate/diploma. Minimum of three years’ of general transactional paralegal administration experience in a law firm or in- house legal department.
- Experience preparing and maintaining corporate books and records, including board actions and capitalization tables.
- Experience reviewing agreements. Strong legal document drafting skills
- Deep understanding of legal terminology and concepts
- Strong research, analytical, and investigative skills
- Ability to document and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing Excellent grammar, proofreading ability and attention to detail
- Well organized, flexible attitude, and a desire to continually learn new concepts
- Ability to work independently, but comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to quickly acclimate to unfamiliar areas of law Proficiency with document management systems and with Microsoft Office
- Experience in regulatory work and/or intellectual property law Certificated based on ABA-approved program
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.