Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com job posting. Please contact Leafly with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
We are currently seeking a seasoned, strategic, driven, creative and detail-oriented Director of Public Relations to drive our cannabis narrative from headquarters in Seattle, WA.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Marketing, you will be working in a rapidly changing environment, responsible for driving strategy and activities related to public relations for Leafly’s brand, products, and services as well as collaborating with Privateer Holdings on industry and analyst relations. You will be responsible for developing thought leadership campaigns that leverage the diverse expertise of Leafly leaders across speaking engagements, events, and earned media. You will own creating and driving consumer and industry storylines which highlight the Leafly business, key trends, news, and insights that elevate and drive the cannabis conversation.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter who can clearly develop and expertly communicate PR recommendations and plans to both peers and executives. This role is ideal for an excellent communicator who has a proven track record of telling compelling stories and working across teams to manage various projects on tight deadlines, all with a positive attitude. We are looking for someone who is highly-organized, manages competing priorities, is passionate about relationship-building and thrives in a fast-paced, growing, and energetic environment.
- Own the public relations strategy, programs, tactics, and supporting materials to drive brand awareness and traffic
- Develop thought leadership portfolio of conferences, speaking events, and other opportunities to showcase leadership across a spectrum of expertise and functions in alignment with an integrated communications plan
- Cultivate and maintain influencer, business, and trade media relationships to increase Leafly’s profile and secure opportunities for press coverage
- Identify media trends, news cycles, and spin opportunities
- Creates talking points, preparedness documents, and supports the development and review of presentation materials for varying stakeholders across the organization
- Effectively represent Leafly as a key spokesperson in media interviews
- Develop compelling story angles, create press releases, bylines, and contributed articles
- Respond to industry developments in a timely and comprehensive manner, and contribute to the successful positioning of the company
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand opportunities and support campaigns including marketing, content and editorial, product, analytics, research, and the Leafly community
- Support inbound and outbound industry and analyst relations
- Collaborate with Privateer Holdings’ public relations and communications team
- Measure success of PR programs to justify associated budget and resources to executives
- Manage PR budget and all efforts with a PR agency
Requirements, Qualifications and Competencies:
- 10+ years of applied communications experience with strong project management skills
- Experience in the technology industry, and a blend of both agency and in-house company experience. Startup experience is a plus.
- Prior global PR experience for B2C and B2B technology company
- Can handle ambiguity by using common sense, problem-solving skills, and an acute sense of judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and experience with wire services
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative technology environment
- Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matter
- Very strong attention to detail and follow through
- Deep understanding of and experience with social media
- Must be a collaborative team-player
- Sense of humor – ability to stay cool under pressure
- Flexible, willing to help when and where needed
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel
*Have you experienced the Leafly app? We are actively seeking individuals that understand our product and have a zest for learning more. Download on iOS and Android today and subscribe to our newsletter for updates.
Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Categories: cannabis industry, Director of Public Relations, Jobs, Leafly
Leave a Reply