Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com job listing Please contact Leafly with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
Our Teams and Our Tech
Our teams are cross-functional with product owners, designers, and engineers working side-by-side toward shared goals. We aim for each team to have the right mix of full stack, web, api, and native app developers, so that together they are equipped to solve whatever problems come their way. We look to each person to bring their expertise and passion to the table, as well as the ability to roll up their sleeves and help where it’s needed.
What We Look For In Our Engineers
- Technical excellence and a growth mindset. You’re passionate about honing your craft and writing high quality, world-class code
- Depth and breadth. Where you’re an expert, you’ll hit the ground running and lead by example. Where you’re not, you’re ready to learn quickly
- Self-starter and collaborative. You’re comfortable working independently as well as pairing or swarming with your team. You ask for help when you need it, and you help your teammates
- You prioritize users. You’re results oriented, pragmatic, and good at negotiating tradeoffs between technical excellence and product excellence
- You will make our team better. You bring expertise, skills, or perspective we could use more of. You’ll help us make better decisions, and build better products
What We Are Looking For In This Role
We are currently looking for engineers that are passionate about shipping products our users love. When it comes to code, you excel in APIs and backend, but you’re full stack capable when your team needs help getting something over the finish line. Do you have experience with ruby, python, and elixir? Do you love learning new tools and technology as you go? Then Leafly is looking for you! Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Work together with product, data/analytics, and UX to understand problems – then design, plan, and deliver solutions
- Design, build, test, and maintain new features, potentially across the entire Leafly product suite
- Work with technical platform leads to ensure alignment with broader architecture, standards, and best practices
- Lead by example in delivering high-quality solutions that scale and adhere to SDLC and quality best practices: design & code reviews, prototyping, multi-level testing
- Continually improve our processes by volunteering new approaches to: developer productivity, product quality, and team efficiency
- Mentor other developers and foster a collaborative environment of shared growth & learning
- 3+ years of shipping software in a professional team setting
- Experience building and supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment
- Ability to embrace, learn, and apply new technologies and tools
- Experience with more than one server-side technology
- Experience with latest web technologies, tools, and practices
- Experience leading an agile team of engineers and/or Open Source project contributions are a plus
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Categories: cannabis industry, Full Stack Engineer, Jobs, Leafly
Leave a Reply