Note: The information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com job posting. Please contact Leafly with any questions or to apply.
The Senior Marketing Manager will define and evolve our strategic partnerships, events, and education programming in a rapidly changing environment, responsible for building a strong marketing team that will drive consumer awareness and adoption through local and national activations, advocacy, and education. This will include vetting and prioritizing speaking engagements and event participation, integrating Leafly creatively with our retailers and brands, delivering educational programming, and developing strategic partnerships to elevate the cannabis conversation and Leafly’s brand equity. You will build a test roadmap that allows your team to learn, automate, and scale marketing programs across regional and global geographies. You will be responsible for goal setting and achievement and defining success measurement to optimize and maximize programs.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter who can clearly develop and expertly communicate recommendations and results to both peers and executives. You must have a proven track record of working across teams to influence with and without authority and manage various projects on tight deadlines, all with a positive attitude. We are looking for someone who is highly-organized, successfully manages competing priorities, and thrives in a fast-paced, growing, and energetic environment. The ideal candidate will be a world-class people manager, creating efficient and scalable processes to drive results through a combination of global and regional marketing activation’s across a matrixed organization.
- Provide overall strategy and management to the strategic partnerships marketing team
- Support traffic and revenue goals through scalable programs, tactics, and supporting materials
- Have a history of collaborating and communicating with senior executives and a strong track record managing events
- Accomplished program builder from branding through execution
- Build and execute an ambitious marketing strategy that drives retailer, brand, and consumer awareness and adoption for new Leafly products, brands, and services
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify retail and brand opportunities and leverage strategic event participation to retain industry thought leadership and brand awareness
- Measure success of digital campaigns and programs to justify associated budget and resources to executives
- Develop scalable processes for strategic planning, prioritization, and execution
Requirements, Qualifications and Competencies:
- 6+ years of developing and executing scalable data-driven marketing programs
- Experience in the technology industry; startup experience is a plus
- Deep understanding of and experience with field marketing, events, educational programs, and print and digital amplification
- Can handle ambiguity by using common sense, problem-solving skills, and an acute sense of judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative technology environment
- Track record of prioritizing work streams and programs effectively with competing priorities
- Very strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Must be a collaborative team-player
- Sense of humor – ability to stay cool under pressure
- Flexible, willing to help when and where needed
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel
NOTE: Leafly is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.