Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com job listing. Please contact Leafly with questions or to apply.
When publishing jobs in the cannabis industry within the Seattle/Tacoma area, we could not overlook Leafly.com, an industry leader located in Seattle’s historic Pioneer Square, the city’s first neighborhood. They note on their website that “Work in the heart of the Emerald City, where you’ll enjoy beautiful Renaissance Revival architecture, art walks, quirky boutiques, delicious food options, numerous bars, gorgeous waterfront access, and more”.
They go on to state that “Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the world’s largest cannabis information resource. We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape”.
“A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better”.
We will publish a series of jobs available at the Seattle office as well as online, all with a focus on cannabis, with the end-goal of assisting our readers in landing their ideal career this year.
We will begin with the Product Marketing Manager position in which you will be responsible for leading the planning, ideation, and implementation of marketing programs to drive awareness, adoption, and growth of our core consumer products and new launches. You will develop and deliver go-to-market strategies and demand generation programs to drive and accelerate adoption of Leafly’s product ecosystem. You’ll create the value propositions and assume the subject matter expert. You will work collaboratively at the intersection of marketing, product, and sales to develop powerful and memorable narratives that bring the Leafly vision to life with a wide range of audiences (consumer, retail, brands, industry). You will work closely with the product organization and will be comfortable leading and collaborating with both creative and technical teams.
A successful candidate should have a passion for marketing, an analytical and results-driven mindset, and the ability to strategically position new and existing products. We are looking for a passionate, experienced marketing leader with a deep understanding of the different tools, products, content, and channels available to effectively engage with consumers, retailers, and brands. In this role, you will leverage customer insights, feedback, and performance data to build and prioritize a robust test-and-learn road map of scalable awareness, adoption, and engagement programs, both digital and physical. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who can clearly develop and expertly communicate recommendations and results to both peers and executives. You will have a natural aptitude for moving fast and experimentation, allowing you to continually test, measure, and adapt tactics and strategies as you grow. You must have a proven track record of working across teams to influence with and without authority and manage various projects on tight deadlines, all with a positive attitude.
- Be a Leafly product expert and evangelist with technical competency and a champion for the user in all decisions
- Define the messaging, positioning and go to market strategy to enable growth of core products and new launches
- Develop the narrative and value proposition that is effective and consistent across Leafly’s multiple audiences (consumers, retailers, growers, etc.) in partnership with various product and marketing leads
- Partner with product management to influence product strategy and roadmap with market analysis, competitive research and consumer/customer insights
- Drive cross-functional alignment through product development and collaborative go to market planning
- Support/lead regional and global product launches, brand campaigns, partner promotions, leading agency partners
- Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, whitepapers, presentations, etc.)
- Own, manage, and track marketing budgets, driving positive ROI solutions for growth
- Develop, track, measure, and report KPIs for new and ongoing product performance
- Test messages and experiences to optimize for education and customer engagement
Requirements, Qualifications and Competencies:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in face-paced tech, startup or e-commerce environments
- Experience developing and executing high impact marketing strategies in SaaS, ecommerce, or consumer tech
- A self-starter with the ability to thrive in chaos and resolve ambiguity with creative problem solving
- Strong analytical experience turning consumer and market data/insights into impactful strategies
- Ability to easily transition from big picture strategic thinking to detailed execution planning
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Track record of prioritizing work streams and programs effectively with competing priorities
- Very strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Must be a collaborative team-player
- Sense of humor – ability to stay cool under pressure
- Flexible, willing to help when and where needed
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.