Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com posting and the CannaCore.org website. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
CannaCORE.org is hiring a part-time Administrator in their Tacoma office. According to their website, “CORE is a non-profit organization that represents licensed I-502 cannabis retailers in Washington State. As a coalition of retailers, we create a unified voice that advocates for a safe, effective, and healthy retail environment for the sale of cannabis and related products in an economically sustainable and well-regulated marijuana industry. CORE believes that by providing a strong vision and a united message, we can establish Washington State as a leader in a safe and successful cannabis market nationwide”.
The job listing:
CORE speaks with a unified voice that advocates for a safe, effective, and healthy retail environment for the sale of cannabis and related products in an economically stable, sustainable, and well-regulated marijuana industry.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Membership communication, retention, and recruitment. – cold-calling cannabis retailers and other industry members to spread awareness of the organization, monthly newsletter to members with updates on CORE and related industry news, actively seeking new members.
- Attend all board meetings and take meeting minutes. – weekly meetings during peak times, record and distribute minutes to members via email.
- Keep track of CORE invoicing –using invoicing software to distribute and collect invoices and payments from members on a quarterly basis. Pay bills and record entries.
- Represent CORE at industry and trade shows – being the face of CORE at a branded booth, reordering and handing out branded merchandise, engaging in conversation with industry members, and spreading general awareness of key issues that are important to CORE.
- Help facilitate communication among members and lawmakers – planning gathers and events, scheduling in person meetings between members and lawmakers. This may consist of travel to Olympia and Washington DC.
- Work closely with CORE lobbyist – research, strategize, and help implement key initiatives that are important to CORE and our mission.
- Event Planning – consists of planning regular Happy Hours, Mixers, Lawmaker Events, Membership events such as a year Regulatory and Legislative Summit, and Recruitment events.
- Social Media marketing – regular weekly engagement across on social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter – including but not limited to weekly posts of relevant industry info, responses to industry members, copy update.
- Website upkeep and development – regularly looking for new opportunities to spread awareness and increase membership through our website. Including regular updates, copy, and continued development of current platform.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Required)
Typical end time: