Please note all job information was gleaned directly from an Indeed Job Listing. Please contact the employer for further information.
New and fast growing cannabis Tier 2 producer in Tacoma, WA is looking for full time Nutrient Management Specialist to help with the production process. Nutrient Specialist will be working with the CEO and growers and will be responsible for establishing optimal nutrient application plans for cannabis production in a modern greenhouse setting. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in a greenhouse or large-scale cannabis growing environment, an excellent eye for detail and solid knowledge of modern nutrients application technologies.
Just Cannabis is looking for a specialist with proven mid to large COMMERCIAL experience. No home growers and grower with little experience do not apply.
- Ensure consistent plant health and optimal grow conditions, including climate control and environmental inputs to maximize quality and production
- Coordinate all aspects of nutrient applications and scheduling with Production Manager
- Collaborate with Production Manager to determine irrigation frequency and duration;
- Perform water, nutrient and soil tests; determine nutrient selection based on analytical observation and production schedules as well as calibrate nutrient testing instruments;
- Contribute to facility maintenance and cleanliness, safety and compliance
- BS in Chemistry/Horticulture/Agronomy
- Strong expertise in nutrients application with rockwool
- 2-5 years’ experience in large greenhouse commercial growing/and/or cultivation, preferably in a highly regulated industry. Knowledge of regulations and inventory tracking and requirements for cannabis and greenhouse growing
- Advanced knowledge of cannabis plant and genetics strongly preferred
- Developing growing schedule and procedures
- Strong communication skills and analytical skills, capable of troubleshooting growing operations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong inventory management and documentation skills
- Ability to gather and analyze data, interpret and apply legislation, and follow strict standard operating procedures; and
- Ability to promote compliance and ethical practices.
Other Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be able to work flexible hours;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and development; and
- Proven proficiency in perpetual harvesting.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management and Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inventory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Commercial Growing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- More than 1 year